Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spider Bite Review

My little brother lay in the bottom of the basket with his head slumped sideways. I took a closer look. Jordan's face was blue... that was the back of an awesome book called Spider Bite. When Sam Fox's twin brothers, Harry and Jordan, are carried off in a runaway hot-air balloon, Sam tries to save them-only to end up trapped himself! What starts as a joy-ride turns into a life-and-death struggle when Jordan is bitten by the worlds most venomous spider the Sydney-Funnel-Web spider!
Will Sam be able to land the balloon in time to save his brother? 25 chapters of action-packed problems such as, Kodiak Bear (second biggest man-eater on four legs), Komodo Dragon, Lion, Spider, wires with 30 000 volts of electric, three huge trucks, a 747 Jumbo Jet and so on.
Read all the books of EXTREME ADVENTURES by Justin D'ath.
My favourite part of the book.
"HARRY!" I yelled at the top of my voice . "CLIMB UP AND TURN THE GAS OFF!"
"There's a spider on me!"he said.
"CAN'T YOU BRUSH IT OFF!" I asked "HARRY IT'S ONLY A....." I stopped short because I remembered something. Didn't the red-haired woman say a spider had bitten the pilot and made him UNCONSCIOUS!? There was only one spider with a bite that bad... The Sydney-Funnel-Web Spider.
It's a great book.
By Harvey

9 comments:

  1. cool review harvey that does sound like a good book spiders are creepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that book because it sounds so cool. Great review Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Harvey - Chris gets lots of Spider bites - but has never been rendered unconscious by one thank goodness. I am not sure what I would do if I came face to face to a Sydney Funnel web spider.
    Good book review - it makes me want to read it.
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool book Harvey!
    It was good to read your review!

    Atsushi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great reveiw Harvey. I would like to read that book.
    Hila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review, Harvey. I really enjoyed it. It makes me want to read it. The book sounds very exciting. It sounds like a really good review.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Harvey. Even though that book would probably freak me out (I hate spiders) I really want to read it. It was good how you gave little bits of the book to make us want to read it and now, I really DO NOT want to ever see a spider again in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool harvey it sounds like a great book and I like the adjectives you used in the story.

    ReplyDelete