Monday, April 4, 2011

The Wahine Disaster

On Monday Room7 did a diary entry about the Wahine Disaster in 1968. We wrote it during our Quick Write time.
This is my Quick Write.

I was looking out the window of my house when I saw the Wahine slowly sinking. I tore out of the house screaming,
"The Wahine is sinking! "
People were running with gear to help all the people. I was crying because all my friends and my dad were on board. We ran to the closest shore and started pushing and pulling at boats and some people were even swimming out. The people that were helping only rescued a few people but at least they managed to save some people.
I hope I don't see anything like this in Wellington again.
By Wahine Rescuer

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope nothing like that ever happens again

    ReplyDelete
  3. William is Blair. That would of been a big storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you really scared? by Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if your friends & dad survived? It would be sad if they DIED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hoped they did not die.Scary that stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, TOTALLY William!!! It would be scary!
    Choc is Izzy!!!

    ReplyDelete